Okay, so yesterday:
- The Texas Rangers lost to Seattle 21-8. Normally weird stuff like that happens when the Rangers play the Orioles.
- Matt Kemp is hurt again. I blame the SI Cover Jinx.
- Hawk Harrelson lost his mind.
- The Orioles and Rays have done their best to make the AL East even more insane, going 2-8 and 4-6 respectively in the last 10 games. The AL East now has first and last separated by 2.5 games, with all teams above .500. Oh, and the Blue Jays are being accused of stealing signs. Again. I could have sworn this has happened before.
- All the teams in the NL East are above .500 as well.
- Pittsburgh’s win brought them back to .500. Which is always notable because, well, they are the Pirates.
- The Marlins have now won 21 games in May. Well, I’d say April showers bring May flowers, but they have a retractable roof now, so…
- Carlos Gonzalez had three home runs. Josh Hamilton is unimpressed, I’m sure.
- Oh, and Justin Verlander hit a home run in batting practice.