Some random thoughts this Sunday, some of them on baseball, some of them not:
1. I wish that that “double no-hitter” last night had continued past the seventh inning. That truly would have been a sight to see. Only once has there been a no-hitter both ways after nine innings, by the way.
2. I still can’t believe how bad Ruben Amaro Jr. is at his job as Phillies GM, at least as far as the last few years go. It makes the glory days of the late-aughts seem a million years ago, and the lack of prospects in the wings means it could be a long road back, especially if he continues to refuse to flip what few trade pieces he has left.
3. It’s good to see Manny Machado has once again become Manny Machado instead of that slumping guy from the first half who got hurt and threw his bat in anger. One of these days he will literally throw out a man at first while standing on the wall that separates the field from the seats.
4. It’s going to take awhile to get used to David Price being in a Tigers uniform.
6. It’s over a week old now, but I still recommend “An Idiot in Exile” by Pat Jordan, on Johnny Damon’s post-playing days.
7. It is truly sad to see Jim Kelly as he is now, but also truly inspiring to see him continue on despite his cancer.
8. Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun (and funny) movie and I think you all should go see it.