And now, time for some random things. I don’t mean things like suddenly typing out random numbers and letters like, I dunno, CHJCSKSUTX4M or something. I mean, just a few things that are on my mind that aren’t baseball-related.
- Go see The Avengers. It is very well done and a ton of fun. One of the most entertaining movies in years, especially if you’ve seen all of the other Marvel movies.
- That said, I wish Marvel and Disney had the rights to Spider-Man, the X-Men, Daredevil, etc. Marvel had sold the license to make movies of those characters before making superhero movies became big, so now they find themselves being able to have only some of their superheroes in their movie universe.
- I mean, how awesome would a Spider-Man/Daredevil or Hulk/Wolverine movie be? Extremely awesome, that’s what.
- Now, to Warner Brothers and DC Comics: I want my Justice League movie. Now. And it had better be as good if not better than Avengers. If it isn’t, you will have failed us all.
- The NBA playoffs take too long and have too many teams in it. Also, it has all the parity of a seesaw with an anvil on one side. Only way any upsets ever happen are when people like Derrick Rose get hurt.
- It’s getting hot up here, and that means air conditioners are coming out of storage. Good thing too, I’ve always found it harder to sleep when it’s hot than harder to sleep when it is cold.
- I like the move by the Buffalo Bills to get Vince Young. Always good to have somebody experienced as a backup.
- Happy Mothers’ Day to all the moms out there, including my own mother!