Originally, this week’s installment of Baseball Continuum Weekly was to be a Bizarre Baseball Culture. But after remembering that the WBC rosters will be released tonight, I’m changing course. Sometime later this week you’ll see an early WBC roster analysis, and NEXT WEEK you’ll see a Bizarre Baseball Culture.
Over at Hall of Very Good, the latest “Wisdom and Links” looks at curses, and whether their breaking might actually be a bad thing. Check it out.
Well, I am back from Chicago (and Milwaukee) and so I’m going to get back to the blog. I had a great time, and you’ll see some of the pictures from my time there in the coming days and/or weeks. In addition:
- Later today, there will be the post of MVPs of the last few days.
- There was a LOT of WBC news while I was gone, so I’ll be getting caught up on that.
- I’ll also be having more WBC projections.
- And, finally, there will be another Bizarre Baseball Culture and another installment of International Baseball Culture, although those don’t have hard dates yet.
A word on this week and an announcement:
- First off, starting this Friday I’ll be going to Chicago and Milwaukee for a whirlwind 3-and-a-half-day trip featuring three MLB stadiums, a few museums, and who knows what else. As a result, the Baseball Continuum will probably be on a brief hiatus.
- However, before then, there will be a BIZARRE BASEBALL CULTURE. It was supposed to be this weekend, but I forgot it covered two issues of a comic book so I didn’t set aside enough time then.
- A late-but-needed feature about baseball stadiums and Pokemon Go.
- And, of course, there will be MVPs of Yesterdays until my vacation starts.
Over at Hall of Very Good, “Wisdom and Links” has finally returned! It looks at the meaning of Olympics baseball. Check it out.
Okay, my vacation is over and I’ve gotten some freelance stuff done, so it’s time to get back to work. So come back tomorrow for the MVPs of Yesterday I’ve missed for awhile.
My latest column on the PGCBL is up. It can be found here.
The MVPs of the last few days will be up later, but until then, take time to check out my annual Memorial Day tribute to baseball players who gave all, which is over at the Hall of Very Good this year.
A new schedule to for the rest of the week:
THURSDAY: 1919 White Sox and 1919 Reds- Who should really have been favored?
FRIDAY: “Death To Copy-Pasted Minor League Team Names”