Later this week, there will be a new Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0, bringing you an updated version of a previous post with things corrected, upgraded, and added-on!
Next week, expect more Rochester Red Wings reports as well as the first installment of a new feature I’m calling “Fictional Fields.”
Due to some stuff, the second part of defunct team names will be this weekend instead of today. The WBC article will be here early next week at the latest.
Here’s what to expect over the next few days here:
- Tuesday: Former team names, part 1
- Thursday: Former team names, part 2
- TBD: A World Baseball Classic article
And, as always, this is subject to change due to inspiration/life events that pop up.
On Saturday, we’ll have a short-but-sweet “Glick on Gaming.”
On Sunday, I’ll have a look at the best former name or identity for every MLB team’s city (Cleveland Spiders, for example).
There might also be another Red Wings Report. That’s TBD.
Coming up on the Baseball Continuum:
- A report from the first Rochester Red Wings game of the season.
- A short-but-sweet “Glick on Gaming.”
- An article in which I choose the best former name or identity for every MLB team’s city (Cleveland Spiders, for example).
The Baseball Continuum will return next week with some early speculation on the next World Baseball Classic.
See you then!
Coming up this week on the Continuum:
- Another Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0
- A “Famous for Something Else”
- Maybe something else as well.
After a bit of a break, we’ll be starting up again this week with a “Glick on Gaming” about frustration and knowing when to walk away for a game (at least for awhile) and also the long-in-development wacky mascot post.
Coming up in the week ahead, here’s what I have planned (it is, of course, continually subject to change):
- An incredibly stupid thing about mascots, which is to say it’ll be amazing.
- Something also quite stupid/amazing that is not quite a return to Bizarre Baseball Culture but is somewhat adjacent to it.
- Possibly finally the first “Glick on Gaming” segment.
And, of course, there could be new things if inspiration strikes.
Here’s a possible look at the week ahead on the Continuum. As always, this could change due to… life.
- Another post on possible neutral field game sites (similar to this post), this time focused on international possibilities.
- Possibly the first true “Glick on Gaming”.
- Ruminations on how the Little League World Series is a lot less fun without the international teams.