Coming up in the week ahead, here’s what I have planned (it is, of course, continually subject to change):
- An incredibly stupid thing about mascots, which is to say it’ll be amazing.
- Something also quite stupid/amazing that is not quite a return to Bizarre Baseball Culture but is somewhat adjacent to it.
- Possibly finally the first “Glick on Gaming” segment.
And, of course, there could be new things if inspiration strikes.
Here’s a possible look at the week ahead on the Continuum. As always, this could change due to… life.
- Another post on possible neutral field game sites (similar to this post), this time focused on international possibilities.
- Possibly the first true “Glick on Gaming”.
- Ruminations on how the Little League World Series is a lot less fun without the international teams.
Due to some other stuff going on with me as well as a strike of inspiration, here’s the updated schedule for the blog:
- Tomorrow (Friday), there will be a post about other possibilities for neat neutral-site games similar to the Field of Dreams game set to be played tonight.
- After that (Saturday), there will be a post about morning baseball.
- On Sunday, there will be a neat link.
Thank you for coming to the Baseball Continuum!
Due to some other things going on, I didn’t quite get everything written that I wanted to. So the week ahead looks like this:
- Thoughts on early morning baseball.
- Another neat link.
- Maybe a Famous for Something Else.
As always, this is subject to change.
Last month (July) was the most-visited month at the Baseball Continuum since 2019! Thank you!
Here’s what you can expect in the coming days:
- The “What If?” on the Sydney Olympics baseball dream team.
- Thoughts on early morning baseball.
- A neat link!
- Another neat link!
And, of course, there may be more as well…
Tomorrow (Thursday), I’ll have my final Olympic update before the opening ceremonies.
This weekend, I’ll have an introduction up about a new non-baseball feature.
It’s time for a look at what you can expect from the Baseball Continuum in the week ahead:
- Olympic update. There have been some late changes to some Olympic rosters due to things like injury or suspension (two members of the Korean team have been replaced after they were found to have ignored social distancing during a recent increased COVID outbreak, for example), so I’ll note that.
- Final Olympic preview and thoughts on the Olympics in general: Exactly what it says on the tin, complete with my prediction as to how the medals will turn out.
- Potentially a “Neat Site” will be shared.
- Possibly the first of a new feature that isn’t about baseball.
Later today (Saturday) or possibly tonight, there will be a post about the Blue Jays in Buffalo.
There will be Olympic previews throughout the coming week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, depending on if rosters have been released. As of now South Korea and Mexico have released rosters (along with, of course, the USA and Japan), but to the best of my knowledge the Dominican and Israel have not. The order in which I do the previews will be a bit dependent on roster releases so I can’t give a hard schedule.
Next Saturday, there will be a neat link.
Tomorrow (Friday), there will be another Olympic preview.
On Saturday, there will be a post on the Blue Jays in Buffalo.
On Monday, we’ll return to Olympic previews.
Well, due to some things getting in the way, I won’t have a Bizarre Baseball Culture up by tomorrow. Instead, it’ll be later in the week.
However, I am willing to give you a preview: It is a comic about Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (both conveniently in Toronto) helping a Blue Jays fan who has been hit by a drunk driver.
I’m hoping it’ll be up by the end of the week.