Later this week, there will be a new Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0, bringing you an updated version of a previous post with things corrected, upgraded, and added-on!
Next week, expect more Rochester Red Wings reports as well as the first installment of a new feature I’m calling “Fictional Fields.”
So, we’re now a few weeks into the season, so I guess now is as good a time as any to look at what is coming up on the blog. I’ve got some things in the works, so this will serve as a bit of a “to-do” list for me as well as a preview for anyone reading this.
This is a bit more thorough than the usual “here’s what’s coming up,” but also lacks the “this will happen this day” that those mini-posts often have:
- Early World Baseball Classic predictions/thoughts: who would be the ideal members of team rosters? Who might actually take part? Who might manage? Things like that.
- More international baseball content that isn’t specifically related to the WBC.
- A “Related to Someone Famous For Something Else”
- More “Red Wings Reports” (including one tomorrow morning!)
- The oft-delayed “Mascot Battle Royale” post.
- More updated (2.0) “Bizarre Baseball Culture” posts
- More “Glick on Gaming”
- An analysis of fictional baseball stadiums (seriously!)
- New “Bizarre Baseball Culture”
- A new “Breaking OOTP”, the first in a very long time!
- And anything else that I may come up with!
So, thank you for coming the Continuum and I hope you continue doing so!
Due to some stuff, the second part of defunct team names will be this weekend instead of today. The WBC article will be here early next week at the latest.
Here’s what to expect over the next few days here:
- Tuesday: Former team names, part 1
- Thursday: Former team names, part 2
- TBD: A World Baseball Classic article
And, as always, this is subject to change due to inspiration/life events that pop up.
On Saturday, we’ll have a short-but-sweet “Glick on Gaming.”
On Sunday, I’ll have a look at the best former name or identity for every MLB team’s city (Cleveland Spiders, for example).
There might also be another Red Wings Report. That’s TBD.
Coming up on the Baseball Continuum:
- A report from the first Rochester Red Wings game of the season.
- A short-but-sweet “Glick on Gaming.”
- An article in which I choose the best former name or identity for every MLB team’s city (Cleveland Spiders, for example).
The Baseball Continuum will return next week with some early speculation on the next World Baseball Classic.
See you then!
Coming up this week on the Continuum:
- Another Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0
- A “Famous for Something Else”
- Maybe something else as well.
After another bit of a hiatus, I’m going to get going again. Here’s some stuff you can expect in the coming days and weeks:
- Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0. Many of my Bizarre Baseball Culture posts from years past were done in a bit of a sloppy manner. If you go back, you’ll find plenty of grammatical errors, including in the very introduction of the feature (In Bizarre Baseball Culture, I take a look at some of the more unusual places where baseball has reared it’s head in pop culture and fiction) and other places. This is partly because A) I was still younger and inexperienced, and B) I was approaching it with a sort of laid-back vibe and perhaps wasn’t taking the actual writing portion as serious as I should have. Bizarre Baseball Culture 2.0 will involve me revisiting some of the best/worst pieces of Bizarre Baseball Culture and updating them to fit my standards and also to reflect changes that have happened since.
- That damn mascot post I’ve been working on-and-off on for months.
- A return of “Famous for Something Else.”
- Possibly some more “Glick on Gaming.”
After a bit of a break, we’ll be starting up again this week with a “Glick on Gaming” about frustration and knowing when to walk away for a game (at least for awhile) and also the long-in-development wacky mascot post.